The Bengals just announced that they've sold out Sunday's 4:15 p.m. game against the Ravens. It's just the second time this season they've had a sellout, according to reports. (The first was against the Steelers, with a lot of yellow-and-black clad fans getting credit for that sellout).
You would like to think the reason for the sellout is that the playoffs are riding on this game. If the Bengals beat the Ravens, Cincinnati is a wild-card team. But more likely it's the 2-for-1 ticket promotion by the team and the begging by players and Coach Marvin Lewis that helped fill Paul Brown Stadium.
But don't be surprised if you see a sea of purple in Cincinnati on Sunday and a resounding "O" during the national anthem.
- Ravens training camp [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens mandatory minicamp [Pictures]
- Ravens organized team activities 2014 [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- An early look at the Ravens' 2014 opponents
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Marvin Lewis
See more topics »
We suspect that Ravens fans, much like Steelers fans, had a lot to do with the sellout.