The Bengals just announced that they've sold out Sunday's 4:15 p.m. game against the Ravens. It's just the second time this season they've had a sellout, according to reports. (The first was against the Steelers, with a lot of yellow-and-black clad fans getting credit for that sellout).
You would like to think the reason for the sellout is that the playoffs are riding on this game. If the Bengals beat the Ravens, Cincinnati is a wild-card team. But more likely it's the 2-for-1 ticket promotion by the team and the begging by players and Coach Marvin Lewis that helped fill Paul Brown Stadium.
But don't be surprised if you see a sea of purple in Cincinnati on Sunday and a resounding "O" during the national anthem.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Paul Brown
See more topics »
We suspect that Ravens fans, much like Steelers fans, had a lot to do with the sellout.