As we saw this past season, it doesn't make sense to put too much stock in preseason baseball odds. (Unless you're actually planning on betting on them.)
But looking at how those odds shift is one way to see how impactful the pending Jays-Marlins trade could be if approved.
- Blue Jays' big trade ups the ante for Orioles in AL East
- VIDEO Blue Jays and Marlins in blockbuster trade
- Bob Melvin beats Buck Showalter for American League Manager of the Year Award
- Pick the winners for each MLB award
- Orioles photo day 2015
- Orioles spring training 2015
See more photos »
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Mark Buehrle
See more topics »
And that's reflected in the Vegas sports books this afternoon.
The Las Vegas Hotel & Casino SuperBook dropped the Blue Jays’ odds to win the 2013 World Series from 50-to-1 to 15-to-1. (Consequently, they raised the Marlins from 100-to-1 to 200-to-1 to win the Series.)Orioles' odds. There are still plenty of roster decisions to be made before the 2013 O's congregate in Sarasota, but today they're a 50-1 longshot to win the World Series and sit at 25-1 to win the AL.
So, for what it's worth, Vegas clearly likes the Jays better much more than the Orioles at this point. But please don't let that ruin your day.