Perry Hall, senior
After earning a spot on the All-Metro first team for cross country in the fall and indoor track in the winter, Ciattei took an extra step this spring.
- 2013 Spring All-Metro teams [Pictures]
- 2013 Boys Track and Field Coach of the Year: Teyarnte Carter, Mount Hebron
- 2013 All-Metro first team for boys track and field
- High school sports in October-November 2014
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Morgan State University
The senior dominated the competition in outdoor track and field, winning all of his 800-, 1,600- and 3,200-meter runs in his final high school season.
Ciattei won the Class 4A races for the 800 and 1,600 in the state championships at Morgan State last month, but he didn't take part in the 3,200 at that meet.
He was pushing for a really strong time in the 1,600, and even though he sprinted away from the pack at the start of the race, Ciattei hoped for more on a windy afternoon.
“I wanted to get a really good [time] in the 1,600,” he said after finishing the event in 4 minutes, 14.49 seconds. “The time wasn't what I was looking for, but the wind was really tough.”
Still, he beat his nearest competitor by more than 10 seconds in the final meet of his high school career. Ciattei is headed to Virginia Tech in the fall.