Displaying items 73-84 of 135 » View courant.com items only< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 Next >
1) Real Art Ways Creative Cocktail Hour, held on the third Thursday of the month from 6 to 10 p.m., is approaching its 10th anniversary as a mainstay of Hartford nightlife. Spirited receptions pair an art opening (and cash bar) with live music or a DJ,...
1) Real Art Ways A singular local resource for film buffs, RAW shows more than 80 movies annually on its single screen. Foreign and independent selections are nightly fare, and once a week there's a talk-back by filmmakers or producers (via Skype) or...
Tags: Skype, Entertainment, Science and Technology, Science, Movies
1) Stephen Haynes and Joe Morris Present "Improvisations VII," $12-$15. Thurs., 7 p.m. Real Art Ways, Hartford. 2) Counting Crows, $50-$85. Fri., 8 p.m. MGM Grand at Foxwoods, Mashantucket. 3) Mandrake Mechanism w/ Castle and Push Method, Fri., Sullys...
Before "talkies," silent films were never truly silent. Talented musicians played along, using diminshed chords for extra tense moments and joyful major triads at happy endings. Head to Real Art Ways on April 29-30 and experience a modern-day twist on the...
Tags: Buster Keaton, Arts and Culture
Elastic Aspects, the new release by the Matthew Shipp Trio, rumbles to life with a bowed bass and some nebulous percussion; you don't hear Shipp's distinctive piano clusters and slinky lines until two minutes or so into the album. This is ideal music...
Tags: Entertainment, Music
The Hartford CourantThe CEO of TicketNetwork Inc. faces a hate crime charge after he hurled racial insults at an Oscar party, police said. Donald Vaccaro, 49, of Clark Hill Road, Glastonbury, was charged with second-degree hate crime, second-degree threatening, breach of...
Hartford CourantThe City of Hartford and the Greater Hartford Arts Council named the 16 recipients of the 2012 Arts & Heritage Jobs Grant Program, Phase 1. The Arts & Heritage Jobs Grant Program, funded by the City of Hartford and managed by the arts council, is...
1) L.A. Comedy Shorts Film Festival, Fri.-Sun. Over 80 comedic short films with screenings, industry panels, and lots of filmmaker networking. $7-$125. Mark Twain House & Museum, 351 Farmington Ave., Hartford. (860) 247-0998. 2) 2012 Academy Award...
Head to Creative Cocktail Hour at Real Art Ways (always a good time on its own) for two openings: Alix Lambert's Crime, USA: Hartford, a multidisciplinary art project involving an exhibition, performance and two documentaries (screen shot pictured above)...
Hartford CourantMara Lieberman is the new artistic director Bated Breath Theatre Company, which is is restructuring as “a performance collective in order to bring a wide variety of cutting-edge performances to the Hartford area.” The not-for-profit...
• Thursday: HSO Masterworks Series — Beethoven's Fifth, $35.50-$70.50. 7:30 p.m. Bushnell Center, Hartford; Seedy Underbelly Brothers, Sullys Pub, Hartford. • Friday: The Big Takeover, $5. 9 p.m. Arch Street Tavern, Hartford; Joe Lewis...
Tags: Storrs, Simsbury, Bars and Clubs, Joe Lewis, Dining and Drinking
Apr 16, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Apr 16, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Apr 25, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Apr 26, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Mar 13, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Feb 27, 2012 |Story| Hartford Courant
Feb 22, 2012 |Story| Hartford Courant
Feb 23, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Feb 15, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Feb 14, 2012 |Story| Hartford Courant
Feb 1, 2012 |Story| Hartford Courant
Feb 9, 2012 |Story| WTXX-LTV
Original site for Real Art Ways topic gallery.