| Aug 2, 2013
1. "The Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) (Mulholland, $26). Detective Cormoran Strike investigates a supermodel's suicide. Last week: —
2. "Inferno" by Dan Brown (Doubleday, $29.95). Robert Langdon is back...
| Sep 16, 2013
| 4:41 PM
Bestselling author James Patterson wants to support independent bookstores, and he's putting his money where his heart is. On Monday he pledged to give $1 million to independent bookstores in the next year.
"We’re making this transition to e-...
| Oct 18, 2013
1. "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King (Scribner, $30). King's long-awaited sequel to "The Shining." Last week: 1
2. "The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks (Grand Central, $27). The lives of two seemingly unconnected couples converge. Last...
| Nov 7, 2013
| 8:20 AM
Bestselling author James Patterson was named a champion at the Library of Congress this week -- the first-ever Champion of its Young Readers Center.
The 5-year-old Young Readers Center is the only part of the Library of Congress that encourages...
| Apr 30, 2014
| 2:39 PM
"I think I'm an okay writer, but a very good storyteller," James Patterson tells Fast Company's Co.Create.
Patterson sat down with the magazine to tell them how he writes. He's the world's bestselling writer; one out of every 17 hardcover books sold...
| Apr 14, 2014
| 3:31 AM
When James Patterson's son, Jack, was 8 years old, he and the prolific author of more than 100 books struck a deal: Jack could forgo chores for the summer if every day he used that time — about 45 minutes — to read from a book.
| Mar 14, 2014
I think I've only read one of his books — the first Alex Cross novel, "Along Came a Spider" — but it's possible that James Patterson is now my favorite author.
The reason? He's giving away $1 million to independent bookstores.
| Feb 4, 2014
| 11:57 AM
Top Reader Requests
Each month the booksellers at the Barnes & Noble at Peninsula Town Center in Hampton gather their Top 5 reader requests in fiction and nonfiction. Here is this month's list:
Top 5 Fiction:
"Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins
| Feb 7, 2014
| 1:13 PM
Customized TV Listings are available here: www.latimes.com/tvtimes
Click here to download TV listings for the week of Feb. 9 - 15, 2014 in PDF format
This week's TV Movies
See latest XXII Winter Olympics TV schedule here.
| May 23, 2014
| 10:43 AM
1. "Unlucky 13" by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro (Little, Brown, $28). When a killer resurfaces, The Women's Murder Club tries to find her before she finds them. Last week: 1
2. "Field of Prey" by John Sandford (Putnam, $28.95)....
| May 9, 2014
| 1:37 PM
Mariano Rivera can throw a 90 mph fastball, but his brand new memoir "The Closer" is moving much slower for Amazon shoppers. It will take Amazon two to five weeks to ship his book, which was published Tuesday. Yet local retailers have it in stock and...