| Mar 11, 2013
| 1:10 PM
1) Lunch and Learn w/ Daniel Bohman, March 15, 12:30-1:30 p.m., free, 100 Pearl Gallery, 100 Pearl Street, Hartford, (860) 233-1932. Brownbag it to hear Daniel Bohman discuss his current exhibition. Drinks and dessert provided. letsgoarts.org/gallery....
| Nov 13, 2013
| 7:50 AM
Sergei Prokofiev's orchestra play Peter and the Wolf was originally written to explain instruments to children, and it has since become a beloved tale. Now, musicians led by UConn alum Ehren Brown will join forces with puppets from the university's Puppet...
| Sep 5, 2013
| 1:20 PM
A year ago, Hartford Stage announced that they'd found a new artistic director. Michael Wilson had left the theater after 13 years to concentrate on Broadway opportunities, scoring immediately with revivals of The Best Man and The Trip to Bountiful.
| Sep 24, 2013
| 12:30 PM
Vibraphonist Gary Burton has seven Grammys, six for projects he recorded with pianist Chick Corea. Over more than a half-century, he’s recorded more than 60 records as a bandleader. He retired from teaching nearly a decade ago, but he’s widely...
| Apr 2, 2013
| 9:40 AM
1) Latin Fest 2013 — Grupo Niche and Henry Santos of Aventura, Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, 2132 Hillside Road, Storrs Mansfield, (860) 486-4226. Sat., Apr. 6, 8 p.m. jorgensen.uconn.edu. $25-$40.
2) Film: Tattoo Nation, AMC Loews...
| Apr 8, 2013
| 8:05 AM
Noted rapper and "go-go" beat specialist Wale will be appearing at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts in Storrs on April 11. The artist — who gained national fame in 2007 with his mixtapes 100 Miles and Running and The Mixtape About...
| Apr 15, 2013
| 8:00 AM
If hip, eclectic string quartets are your thing, go hear the four young Parisians of the Ebène Quartet, who'll do Mozart, Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky this Friday at the Jorgensen Center. It's tough to stand out among the throngs of hotshot chamber players...
| Apr 22, 2013
| 9:40 AM
At only 28 years of age, jazz bassist and singer Esperanza Spalding already has a Grammy under her belt, after winning for Best New Artist in 2011. It was a huge coup for the jazz world, who've claimed her as one of her own. But she's also a crossover...
| Sep 30, 2013
| 10:55 AM
It's one thing to get up in front of an audience and try to make them laugh; it's quite another to do it without a script. Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood (pictured) starred in the super-popular, forever-syndicated Whose Line Is It Anyway? with fellow...
| Oct 7, 2013
| 12:40 PM
1) Clannad, The Webster, 31 Webster St., Hartford, 7:30 p.m. Thurs.
2) Shakedown, Arch Street Tavern, 85 Arch St., Hartford, (860) 246-7610. 10 p.m., $7-$10. archstreettavern.com. Fri.
3) New York Banjo Summit (featuring Bela Fleck), Jorgensen...
| Oct 22, 2013
| 1:40 PM
The Hartford Symphony Orchestra has played Mussorgsky. They've played Die Fledermaus. On Saturday the HSO interprets Mickey Mouse.
The event, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26 at the Bushnell (166 Capitol Ave., Hartford), is Disney's Fantasia in Concert, with the...