| Mar 11, 2013
| 1:10 PM
1) Lunch and Learn w/ Daniel Bohman, March 15, 12:30-1:30 p.m., free, 100 Pearl Gallery, 100 Pearl Street, Hartford, (860) 233-1932. Brownbag it to hear Daniel Bohman discuss his current exhibition. Drinks and dessert provided. letsgoarts.org/gallery....
| Nov 5, 2012
| 12:15 PM
Why wait until the last minute to get your act together? Here are six events at least a week out to get you started.
1) Oliver Lake Organ Quartet, Nov. 16, 8 p.m., $5-$15, Polish National Home, 60 Charter Oak Ave., Hartford, (860) 242-6688,...
| Nov 12, 2012
| 7:30 AM
Why wait until the last minute to get your act together? Here are five events at least a week out to get you started.
1) Knuckleball!, Nov. 23-29, Real Art Ways, 56 Arbor St., Hartford, realartways.org.
2) Jake Shimabukuro, Nov. 29, 7:30 p.m., $34,...
| Nov 19, 2012
| 12:10 PM
It's taken Kenan Thompson (pictured) seven years to become a breakout performer on Saturday Night Live. But over the years, few cast members have been as consistently funny, their recurring characters as memorable, or their short time in the spotlight...
| Nov 26, 2012
| 8:15 AM
There's a Jake Shimabukuro of any instrument. You could say Jimi Hendrix was the Jake Shimabukuro of the electric guitar, or that Bonzo was Led Zep's resident Shimabukuro behind the skins. You wouldn't be way off the mark to suggest Winston Churchill...
| Sep 5, 2013
| 1:20 PM
A year ago, Hartford Stage announced that they'd found a new artistic director. Michael Wilson had left the theater after 13 years to concentrate on Broadway opportunities, scoring immediately with revivals of The Best Man and The Trip to Bountiful.
| Sep 24, 2013
| 12:30 PM
Vibraphonist Gary Burton has seven Grammys, six for projects he recorded with pianist Chick Corea. Over more than a half-century, he’s recorded more than 60 records as a bandleader. He retired from teaching nearly a decade ago, but he’s widely...
| Apr 2, 2013
| 9:40 AM
1) Latin Fest 2013 — Grupo Niche and Henry Santos of Aventura, Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, 2132 Hillside Road, Storrs Mansfield, (860) 486-4226. Sat., Apr. 6, 8 p.m. jorgensen.uconn.edu. $25-$40.
2) Film: Tattoo Nation, AMC Loews...
| Apr 8, 2013
| 8:05 AM
Noted rapper and "go-go" beat specialist Wale will be appearing at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts in Storrs on April 11. The artist — who gained national fame in 2007 with his mixtapes 100 Miles and Running and The Mixtape About...
| Apr 15, 2013
| 8:00 AM
If hip, eclectic string quartets are your thing, go hear the four young Parisians of the Ebčne Quartet, who'll do Mozart, Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky this Friday at the Jorgensen Center. It's tough to stand out among the throngs of hotshot chamber players...
| Apr 22, 2013
| 9:40 AM
At only 28 years of age, jazz bassist and singer Esperanza Spalding already has a Grammy under her belt, after winning for Best New Artist in 2011. It was a huge coup for the jazz world, who've claimed her as one of her own. But she's also a crossover...