4. Using an offset spatula, spread jam over dough.
5. In a bowl, combine berries, peaches, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour and cornstarch. Gently toss, then distribute over crust.
6. Mix crumble ingredients, cutting butter into dry ingredients until the crumble is the consistency of peas. Sprinkle over fruit.
7. Place the pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling. Cool completely before slicing.
—Recipe courtesy of “Heather Christo’s Generous Table” (Kyle Books, 2013)
YELLOW NECTARINE MOJITOS
Note: You can substitute peaches or cherries for the nectarines. For picnicking, tote the cocktails, minus the club soda, in Mason jars stashed on ice. Top with club soda just before serving.
1/2 cup nectarines, diced
6 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
1/2 lime, sliced in half
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ounces white rum
2 ounces club soda, chilled
1. In the bottom of a heavy drinking glass, combine the nectarines, mint, lime wedges and sugar. Use a muddler to smash them together and release all the oils and juices.
2. Fill the glass with ice cubes, then add the rum. Top off the mojito with chilled club soda. Stir well, and serve with a straw.
Recipe courtesy of ‘Heather Christo’s Generous Table’
(Kyle Books, 2013)