Good morning, 818 readers! Today is Tuesday, April 22. The high in Glendale should reach 70 and low 52, according to the National Weather Service.
These are your top regional news stories:
- Though a report released by the California Environmental Protection Agency shows water in La Cañada Flintridge has significant levels of toxicity, local water officials report that contaminant levels are well below maximum levels allowed by the state.
- Three people were detained at gunpoint by Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies Wednesday afternoon in La Cañada during a robbery investigation involving the Los Angeles and Beverly Hills police departments.
- Leaders of the Armenian community in Glendale said a statement by the Turkish Prime Minister on Wednesday offering his condolences to descendants of Armenians massacred by the Ottoman Empire nearly a century ago fell short because the country continues to refuse to characterize the deaths as a genocide.
- Garrett Ohara will take over for Alex Rivera as the Flintridge Prep's athletic director, a position held by Rivera since 1986.
- Glendale officials are opening the door to possibly developing a historic sanitarium, known as Rockhaven, about six years after the city bought the $8.25-million site to save it from development.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.