• Despite the loss Mariners have still won 11 of 14 and 12 of last 16 games and are 20-12 over last 32 games…the
Mariners have won 5 straight series.
• Starting pitcher Michael Pineda has now tossed at least 6.0 innings in 10 of 11 starts this season…has struck out 5
or more batters in 10 consecutive games…becomes the second Mariners rookie pitcher to record at least 10 straight
starts with 5 or more K’s…Mark Langston recorded 11 straight starts during his AL Rookie Pitcher of the Year
campaign in 1984.
• Pineda has now limited opponents to a .197 (47x238) batting average and only 14 of his 47 (29.8%) hits allowed
have been for extra bases (9 2B, 3B, 3 HR)…opponents are batting just .172 (29x169) first 2 times through
lineup…he has recorded a no-decision in both career games starting vs. Baltimore.
• David Pauley tossed a scoreless 9th inning, extending his scoreless innings streak to 16.0 innings…he currently
leads all American League relievers in ERA (0.81) and innings pitched (33.1).
• Brendan Ryan snapped a career-high 11-game hitting streak going 0x4 today…during the streak, he batted .513
(20x39) with 3 2B, 1 3B, and 8 RBI.
• Jack Wilson has hit in 17 of last 21 G with at-bat (.300/21x70) with 11 R, 2 2B, 5 RBI, 2 BB …it was his 7th multi-hit
game of the season (last: 5/21 @ SD).
• The Mariners are now the only team in the Majors to use only 5 starting pitchers (Felix Hernandez, Michael Pineda,
Erik Bedard, Doug Fister, Jason Vargas)…Baltimore was the other ML team to use only 5 but used 6th today.
• Ichiro Suzuki has recorded a hit in 41 of last 44 games against Baltimore (.354/68x192) and has the highest career
batting average vs. Baltimore among active players…batting .365/153x419 in 99 career games vs. Orioles with 76 R,
18 2B, 5 3B, 8 HR, and 35 RBI.