Another game, another loss for Redskins. What's next?

Coach Jim Zorn can only wonder what the future holds for the Redskins

-- After going more than seven full quarters without an offensive touchdown against the Washington Redskins, the Eagles needed just four plays to get one Monday night at FedEx Field.

Wide receiver DeSean Jackson took a handoff on an end-around and raced 67 yards down the left sideline for the game's first score.

Before long, their defense joined the act, making it 14-0 by the end of the first quarter and setting the tone for a deceiving 27-17 win over their NFC East rivals.

Actually, it was more like a non-loss.

Jackson, who also caught a 57-yard touchdown pass from Donovan McNabb near the end of the first half, accounted for 124 of the Eagles' 262 total yards on those two touchdowns, meaning they were held to 138 yards on their other 54 plays.

But the defensive touchdown the Eagles (4-2) scored with a minute remaining in the first quarter was one of three turnovers that effectively ended any chance of victory for the offensively challenged Redskins (2-5), who seven days earlier turned the play-calling duties over to 67-year-old consultant Sherman Lewis.

''Defensively, I thought we played very good football,'' Eagles coach Andy Reid said. ''Offensively, we had our bright spots. DeSean had some nice plays. It was a hit-and-miss on offense, I thought.''

Not that Reid felt too bad about it after repeatedly being reminded how much his offense stalled.

''I'm trying to feel like we just won a game,'' he said. ''Twenty-seven points, I don't think that's bad. That's not a bad night. Should we have scored a few more in the second half? Absolutely. Can we improve on things? Absolutely.''

The victory was marked by McNabb (15-for-25, 156 yards, one TD) surpassing 30,000 career passing yards, Jackson turning in the longest run by an Eagle since Brian Westbrook went 71 yards for a touchdown against the San Francisco 49ers in 2006 and a spectacularly productive effort by new middle linebacker Will Witherspoon.

Witherspoon, acquired last Tuesday in a trade with the St. Louis Rams, played like a wild man, finishing with a game-high eight tackles, including a sack, a forced fumble, an interception and a touchdown in tasting victory for the first time this season.

He was part of a reckless crew that pounded Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell into submission by sacking him six times and knocking him down throughout. Campbell was 29 of 43 for 284 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

''A lot of hits are going to make him think a little bit,'' defensive end Darren Howard said. ''On a couple of those hits, man, he didn't look like he wanted to get up.''

Most of the offensive damage was done without Westbrook.

Westbrook, who left the game with a concussion in the first quarter, was knocked unconscious when he took an inadvertent knee to the head from linebacker London Fletcher as he was being tackled on a 5-yard gain. He lay motionless on the turf for several minutes while players from both teams knelt in prayer, until finally being helped to his feet. He was able to walk off on his own.

Reid expects him to recover fully, perhaps even in time for the Eagles' home game against the New York Giants next Sunday.

''He felt pretty good on the sideline,'' Reid said.

Jackson later was taken for X-rays on his foot shortly after catching the touchdown pass that gave the Eagles a 27-7 advantage with 1:50 remaining in the second quarter. However, they were negative, and he was back on the field in the second half.

''It was just a blessing to be put in positions to go out there and take advantage of the defense,'' said Jackson, who gave credit to rookie wideout Jeremy Maclin for a crucial downfield block on the first touchdown. ''He did a great job, definitely.''