The Towson women's basketball team rallied to within one point with 24 seconds left Sunday at Northeastern but lost, 59-56.
Tigers junior guard Tanisha McTiller led all players with a career-high 30 points.
McTiller is the first Tiger to score 30points in a game since Shanae Baker-Brice had 32 against James Madison in the 2009-10 season. McTiller added 12 rebounds for her sixth double double of the year.
- Local college basketball preview 2014-15
- 2014-15 local college basketball
- College basketball cheerleaders 2014-15
- CAA basketball media day 2014
- College basketball cheerleaders 2013-14
- 2013-14 local college basketball
See more photos »
- Northeastern Huskies
- Colonial Athletic Association
- Drexel Dragons
See more topics »
McTiller and redshirt junior forward Nyree Williams helped Towson (7-13, 1-8 Colonial Athletic Association) score 10unanswered points to cut the deficit to 57-56 with 24 seconds to play. Kashaia Cannon hit two free throws with 17.2 seconds left to put the Huskies (12-8, 5-4) up 59-56. The Tigers' Dominique Johnson missed a 3-point try with five seconds left.
Towson returns home to host Drexel on Tuesday at 7 p.m.