The Ravens are promoting undrafted rookie running back Bobby Rainey from the practice squad, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Update: The Ravens have now made the roster move official as Rainey replaces cornerback Lardarius Webb (torn anterior cruciate ligament, left knee) was placed on injured reserve.
Rainey was a preseason standout who was cut by the Ravens prior to their season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals and subsequently signed to the practice squad.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Bobby Rainey
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
See more topics »
The Ravens promoted Anthony Allen from the practice squad before that game due to his special teams skills.
Rainey is an undersized, mobile former Western Kentucky record-setter.
He rushed for 55 yards on 23 carries during the preseason, catching 14 passes for 163 yards and two touchdowns.
Rainey returned four kickoffs for 92 yards.
At Western Kentucky, Rainey rushed for over 1,600 yards as a junior and a senior.
He scored 32 touchdowns in his final two seasons and was named Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year.