BOSTON —Orioles outfielder Nolan Reimold, who left Sunday's game with right hamstring tightness, didn't play in Monday's series opener in Boston, but manager Buck Showalter still hopes Reimold can avoid the disabled list.
Tuesday's off day in Boston will help. Showalter said he's also considering giving the right-handed Reimold Wednesday off against Boston right-hander Ryan Dempster so he can return Thursday against left-hander Felix Doubront closer to full strength.
- Orioles vs. Royals in American League Championship Series
- Orioles Insider
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles vs. Detroit Tigers in American League Division Series
- Orioles celebrate American League East title
- Orioles' division championships through the years
See more photos »
- Nolan Reimold
- Baltimore Orioles
- Buck Showalter
See more topics »
Reimold said Monday that he's been experiencing the tightness since spring training and played through it, but he said that on Sunday outfield coach Wayne Kirby began noticing that the hamstring was getting worse in the outfield.
Reimold said he considers himself day to day and should definitely be ready to return to the starting lineup following Tuesday's off day.