The Ravens have released former Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway and four other players.
Holloway was signed by the Ravens for his athleticism, but was hampered by his limited football experience. The last time he had played football was as a sophomore in high school.
Holloway wrote on his Twitter account that he was going to resume his basketball career.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- Swanson Miller
See more topics »
"Back to the hardwood couldn't be a blocking TE," Holloway wrote. "Loved the experience in the NFL."
The Ravens also cut three undrafted rookies signed after the NFL draft: former Florida International cornerback Jose Cheeseborough, former Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and former Southeast Louisiana quarterback Nathan Stanley.