The Ravens have released former Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway and four other players.
Holloway was signed by the Ravens for his athleticism, but was hampered by his limited football experience. The last time he had played football was as a sophomore in high school.
Holloway wrote on his Twitter account that he was going to resume his basketball career.
- Ravens vs. Vikings [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 100 greatest NFL players of all time
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
- Ravens Ring of Honor inductees [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- NFL Draft
See more topics »
"Back to the hardwood couldn't be a blocking TE," Holloway wrote. "Loved the experience in the NFL."
The Ravens also cut three undrafted rookies signed after the NFL draft: former Florida International cornerback Jose Cheeseborough, former Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and former Southeast Louisiana quarterback Nathan Stanley.