Rosie Napravnik, who went to high school in Maryland and had a stint as the state’s top jockey (winning all four titles in 2006), is hoping to become the first woman to win the race for top 3-year-old fillies.
- Kentucky Derby picks: Keep your eye on late-charging Dullahan
- Kentucky Derby: Hamilton Smith still going unnoticed
- 2013 Preakness Stakes [Pictures]
- Preakness infield party scene [Pictures]
- Views of the 2013 Preakness infield [Pictures]
- Road to the 2013 Preakness [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Kentucky Derby
- Churchill Downs
See more topics »
A few other quick notes:
- The only scratch for the Kentucky Derby, My Adonis, will race at Pimlico Saturday in the Canonero II Stakes. My Adonis was on the also-eligible list here, but no other horse backed out of the race.
- Graham Motion, who won last year’s Kentucky Derby with Animal Kingdom, said Went the Day Well is in good shape heading into the race. “At this point, we’re just ready to run,” he said.
- The current forecast here calls for scattered thunderstorms to roll in later tonight and possibly pass through the area all day Saturday. Regulars at the track joked that they’d be ready for anything after giant hail hit last week, shattering windows in some cars.
- Robbie Albarado, who won the Preakness riding Curlin in 2007, was arrested on domestic abuse charges, according to The Courier-Journal. He won’t race Friday; his status for Saturday is unknown, though he is not scheduled to ride in the Derby.