The reigning AFC Special Teams Player of the Month has been relatively quiet for the past couple games after returning a punt 63 yards for a touchdown during a 13-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 18 at Heinz Field.
The following game, Jones had seven punt returns for 61 yards, an 8.7 average with a long of 23 yards against the San Diego Chargers, and two kickoff returns for 46 yards.
- Ravens 18, Detroit Lions 16 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
- Ravens Ring of Honor inductees [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Jacoby Jones
- Pittsburgh Steelers
See more topics »
In the second game against the Steelers, a 23-20 loss at M&T Bank Stadium, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin employed directional kicking techniques to try to reduce Jones' impact. Jones had two fair catches on punts and returned three kickoffs for 74 yards, a 24.7 average.
"That's going to happen, that's part of the game," Jones said. "Special teams has a big role in the game with field position.
"That's going to happen with kickers and punters. It's respect. I try my best to bait the kicker. I'll be walking back and forth. I try to catch him slipping."