Due to a rib injury that has been bothering defensive starter Bernard Pollard since the second game of the season and has sidelined him all week, the Ravens may need James Ihedigbo to step in at strong safety Sunday against the Denver Broncos.
Pollard aggravated the injury during a 31-28 overtime loss to the Washington Redskins.
"Definitely, I'm ready," said Ihedigbo, who has worked with the first-team defense all week. "It's been going well. It's championship football. Guys are dotting their I's and crossing their T's."
- Lewis, Suggs practice again for Ravens; Leach, McPhee also return
- Joe Flacco acknowledges that he has to stop fumbling
- Josh Bynes in line to get headset vs. Broncos this Sunday
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens clean out their lockers [Pictures]
- An early look at the Ravens' 2014 opponents
See more photos »
- New England Patriots
- Bernard Pollard
- Washington Redskins
Ihedigbo started a dozen games for the New England Patriots last season, recording 72 tackles and one pass deflection.
In 13 games this season for the Ravens, Ihedigbo has registered nine tackles and has one sack.
"Whatever's needed by me, I'm ready to do so," Ihedigbo said. "You've got to do whatever's asked of you as a player. Everybody's going to be geared in.
"This is a big one. Whatever I need to do to be prepared and get ready to contribute this game, I'm going to do."