Jones, the fourth-year pro who started six games for the Ravens last year, is dealing with an undisclosed illness that has kept him out of practice since the team's third preseason game on Aug. 22.
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh characterized Jones' injury as a "personal health issue," not regarded as serious. Jones has not been available for comment.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Browns in Week 3
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Cleveland Browns
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- Arthur Jones
See more topics »
Tight end Dennis Pitta, who is expected to be placed tomorrow on injured reserve with a designation to return, was also ruled out for Thursday's game on the first official injury report.
Tight end Ed Dickson (hamstring) practiced in full and he's expected to play Thursday.