Laurel Hudson/Wellspring Academies
Yield: 18 cookies
Approximate Nutritional Information: 12 calories/ 0g fat per cookie
Juice of 1 lemon
2 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ cup Splenda, granular
1 sugar free candy cane
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with Pam.
- Combine the egg whites, lemon juice, cream of tartar, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites into a meringue, until the whites are thick and stand up in peaks.
- Add the Splenda and vanilla and whip for 30 seconds.
- Drop by the spoonful onto pan, making 12 cookies.
- Crush the candy cane into small bits.
- Sprinkle the candy cane on top of the cookies.
- Bake 1-½ hours, then turn the oven off and let the cookies sit in the oven while it is left partially open until the oven is cool.