Laurel Hudson/Wellspring Academies
Yield: 2-dozen cookies
Approximate Nutritional Information: 43 calories/0.5g per cookie
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup Splenda, granulated
1 tbsp molasses
½ cup Better than Peanut Butter
1 tbsp egg whites
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-cup white whole-wheat flour
½ cup Fiber One cereal
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with Pam.
- Combine the applesauce, Splenda, molasses, peanut butter, egg whites, salt, ginger, and vanilla in a bowl and stir.
- Using a food processor, grind the Fiber One cereal until powder-like.
- Add the flour, ground Fiber One, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until just combined, no longer.
- Drop by the small spoonful onto the baking pan.
- Spray the back of a fork with Pam, and stamp a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from the pan.