Scott Fisher / Sun Sentinel
April 2, 2013
Serve with sandwiches or cheese and crackers for a complete meal.
• 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 / 2 red onion, diced
• 1 (14-ounce) can spinach, drained and chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 2 cups tomato juice cocktail
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 / 4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or
1 tablespoon dried basil
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
• Ice, optional
• 1 cup croutons, optional
Using a nonreactive medium bowl, combine all ingredients except croutons. To serve, pour over ice in glasses, garnish with croutons and serve immediately.
Or, if cooler space allows, cover and chill 2 hours or overnight for flavors to blend. Serve in bowls garnished with croutons. Makes 4 servings.
Per serving (with croutons): 110 calories,
Per serving (without croutons): 79 calories,