Mark Randall / Sun Sentinel
April 2, 2013
• 1 / 4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger root
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
• 1 / 2 to 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce or Thai chili garlic sauce, optional
• Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
• Juice of 1 / 2 lime
• 1 (16- to 24-ounce) skirt steak
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
Combine the soy sauce, ginger root, garlic, Hoisin sauce, chili sauce, black pepper and lime juice in a large zip-seal plastic bag. Add the steak, seal and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes.
Oil the grill rack. Remove the steak from marinade and place on grill. Cook about 3 minutes on each side for rare or cook to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill and cover lightly with foil. Let sit 5 minutes before cutting across the grain into 1 / 2-inch-thick slices. Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 349 calories, 54 percent calories from fat, 21 grams total fat, 9 grams saturated fat, 84 milligrams cholesterol, 2 grams carbohydrates, .1 gram total fiber, .8 gram total sugars, 2 grams net carbs, 35 grams protein, 243 milligrams sodium.