Valentine’s Day is almost here and the pressure is on to wine, dine and do something divine for the one you love. Here are some local gift ideas to celebrate Cupid’s big day on a variety of budgets.
1. For the foodie: Red The Steakhouse in Boca Raton. Nothing says 'I love you' to the amorous carnivore in your life like a 22-ounce aged certified Angus bone-in rib eye. Whether you’re looking to impress a new love interest or simply want a spectacular night out with someone you’ve been in love with for a while, Red The Steakhouse has the right wine cellar, menu and intimate atmosphere to create the ultimate romantic dinner out. Don’t skip the Mussels Diavolo, Truffled Whipped Potatoes or decadent dessert spread. Call 561-353-9139 to make a reservation or learn about Valentine’s Day specials. Visit Redthesteakhouse.com to check out the restaurant’s Miami Beach location and view the whole menu.
2. For the beauty product obsessed: Lush Cosmetics has a store conveniently located in Town Center at Boca Raton. Lush is all about good clean fun. Slather your Valentine in yummy bubbly vanilla and strawberry soaps such as the Magic Mushroom ($5.95) and then seal the night with “The Kiss” vegan lip-gloss ($8.95). This preservative-free shea and cupuaçu butter balm is as addicting as love itself. Call 561-620-2842 or visit Lushusa.com.
3. For the philanthropic fashionista: There’s nothing sexier than showing someone you care enough to give back to the community. Surprise your Valentine with tickets to the Red Stiletto Stroll, Friday Feb. 22 at Town Center at Boca Raton. The event is 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. and it includes the fabulous “Shoe Shoe Train Fashion Show,” which is truly a fun way to view shoes and a live fashion show with the latest spring styles from Neiman Marcus. With all the proceeds benefit the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation, it’s a wonderful way to spread the love for Valentine’s Day. Tickets cost $30. VIP tickets cost $50 and include reserved seating. There are additional VIP packages available with more fun perks including a commemorative martini glass. Call 561-955-4142 or go to http://conta.cc/TXitNX.
4. For the red hot trendsetter in your life: Get Tory Burch’s Alden Cuff; $125 at Toryburch.com. This bold patent leather bracelet is available in a red or blue hue. Adorned with an adorable heart charm etched with Tory Burch’s signature symbol, it’s a classy way to show your label-loving lady she’s got a lock on your own heart.
5. For the techie: Kate Spade’s USB ring; $50 at Katespade.com. Surprise the social networking queen in your life with ring that has a 4GB USB drive hidden inside. It’s the cleverest way to carry your files in style.
Contact Joanie Cox at email@example.com or follow her tweets at Twitter.com/joaniecox.Copyright © 2015, CT Now