February 4, 2005
November 2004: Eric Kaplan, above, and his wife, Bonnie Kaplan, receive a near-lethal dose of raw botulism toxin at a South Florida clinic instead of the popular Botox treatment they thought they were getting. The couple are paralyzed, on respirators and hospitalized for months. Doctors expect them to suffer life-long health consequences. Oakland Park osteopath Bach McComb, who administered the toxin, and his then-girlfriend, Alma Hall, suffer similar side effects from the injections.