Audio Heist is a Fort Lauderdale-based cover band known for its endless list of rock tunes and its knack for entertaining beer-guzzling crowds at World of Beer and other local bars.
On March 2, they’ll rock Mizner Park Amphitheater for City Link’s Boca Beer Fest.
With Tony “Gatz” Alfano on guitar and vocals; Jack Licata on vocals, guitar and keyboard; Ryan Schoeneck on bass and vocals; and Paulie “Sticks” Honcharski on drums, this band has perfected bar classics such as Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead Or Alive” and The Clash’s “Should I Stay Or Should I Go.”
While they’ve gotten their share of annoying, cliché “Free Bird” requests, Audio Heist is definitely down with a decent booze ballad.
Here are the band’s Top 10 Drinking Songs:
1. “Friends In Low Places” by Garth Brooks “We’re not a country band, but we’ve played this one on occasion when someone asks,” Honcharski says.
2. “Shots!” by LMFAO. “We’ve managed to work this into our set,” Honcharski says.
3. “Roadhouse Blues” by The Doors. “Woke up di’ monin’ and I got myself a beey-ah!” laughs Licata.
4. “Red Solo Cup” by Toby Keith. “We’re gonna have to learn this one,” Schoeneck says.
5. “Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced” by Dropkick Murphys. “This reminds us of our St. Patty’s Day show at Korrigans Pub in Pompano,” recalls Schoeneck.
6. “Whiskey in the Jar” by Metallica.
7. “The Closing Song” by Red Peters. “They play this at Slainte in Boynton Beach at last call,” Schoeneck says.
8. “Tequila” by The Champs.
9. “It’s Martini Time” by Reverend Horton Heat.
10. “Gin and Juice” by Snoop Dogg.
All Jacked Up!
Jack Licata shares Audio Heist’s top five drunken fan encounters:
1. A guy who was completely hammered got up on stage, grabbed an unplugged guitar and started wailing away. He was strumming pretty hard, tried to do a spin of some sort, ate shit and fell flat on his back. Luckily Tony’s guitar was OKss. The drunk guy, not so much.
2. A guy reeking of booze gave us $50 bucks to play a few songs on guitar with us. We were skeptical at first because he had a collared shirt and tie, but he ended up giving Tony a run for his money. Turns out he toured with a few national acts.
3. We played WOBtoberfest at World of Beer Coconut Creek in 2010 and a few drunk girls came up on stage to dance. That’s always encouraged, except one kept trying to steal my guitar pick and strum. I had to turn the volume down on my guitar. Another one also found Paulie’s tambourine and was running back and forth across the stage with it.
4. Someone requested 90’s rock and we played a song. He stumbled over, reached in his pocket and started throwing crumpled up bills at me the whole time. We felt like B-rate strippers singing STP tunes.
5. We had a few girls at Gatsby’s using my mic stand as a makeshift stripper pole. Yowzah!
For more on Audio Heist, visit Facebook.com/AudioHeist.
Follow Joanie Cox at Twitter.com/JoanieCox.