Mitchell W. Berger founded Berger Singerman in 1985 and serves as Co-Chair of the firm. He has over 30 years of successful representation in commercial disputes in Florida and throughout the country.
Mitchell represented Vice President Al Gore and Joseph Lieberman in the post-2000 election Florida lawsuits in Bush v. Gore. In the past he has served as Co-Leader of the Campaign For Change (National Democratic Coordinated Campaign), Member of the National Finance Board of Obama Victory Fund; Candidate as Presidential Elector; Co-Chair of the Democratic National Committee Battleground Victory Fund, and Delegate to the Democratic National Convention.
• Member of the Governing Board of the South Florida Water Management District, appointed by Governor Lawton Chiles and confirmed by the Florida State Senate (1997 to March, 2001)
• Chair, Audit Committee of South Florida Water Management District (1999 to March, 2001)
• Member, Broward County Water Advisory Board (1999 to March, 2001)
• Member, Governors Commission for a Sustainable South Florida (1997-1999)
• Co-Chair Natural Resources Subcommittee
• Member, Florida Keys Advisory Board (1997-1999)
• Environmental Merit Award 2000 from the United States Environmental Protection Agency Region 4, for appreciation and recognition of outstanding environmental stewardship – awarded to the District (2000)
• Member of the United States Small Business Agency Advisory Board (1996-1998)
• Commissioner on the Florida Environmental Commission. Appointed twice by Governor Lawton Chiles, and confirmed by the Florida State Senate (1991-1997)
• Member of the Environmental Financial Advisory Board to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (1993-1995)
Mitchell is ranked in The Best Lawyers in America® and Chambers & Partners USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers. Mitchell was named one of the Top 10 Lawyers of the Decade in 2010 by the South Florida Legal Guide and Co-Lawyer of the Year by the National Law Journal in 2010 and named one of the 50 Most Powerful People in Broward County by Gold Coast Magazine in 2009. Mitchell is a Member of the Board of Governors of Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center and a Member of the Board of Trustees for Nova Southeastern University. He was inducted into the Nova Southeastern University Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in 2010.Copyright © 2015, CT Now