American Association of University Women — meets at Grace United Methodist Church, N Charles St. and Northern Parkway, March 15, 7 p.m. Refreshments at 6:30 p.m. in the parlor. Hear Jeanne Allert, Executive Director of Samaritan Women, open our eyes to the extent of human trafficking. email@example.com.
Dulaney Valley Woman's Club — meets at St. Paul's Lutheran, 1609 Kurtz Ave., Spangler Hall, second Tuesdays at noon. Meetings include lunch and speakers, presentations. Jan Smith 410-561-1129.
Baltimore Orioles Junior Birding Club — is looking for new members. Marty, 410-583-0275. firstname.lastname@example.org.
SETA — an organization of single adults who enjoy sharing cultural and artistic experiences. All ages welcome. 410-668-1298 before 10 p.m. for a brochure.
Bridge Club for Singles — will host a social bridge for those who play beyond the beginner level at the Providence United Methodist Church, Towson. Sundays, 2 p.m. The next games are: April 15, May 6 and June 10. 410-321-0043.
Hunt Valley Rotary Club — meets at the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn, 245 Shawan Road, Wednesdays, noon with lunch, speakers and presentations. Visiting Rotarians, guests, and prospective members welcome. Jane MacMillan, 410-252-1669 or http://www.huntvalleyrotary.com.
Soul 2 Soles Line Dancers — meets Sundays, 5-8:30 p.m., 7122 Darlington Drive (Tee Bee's); adults only; $5; great soulful music; new dances and old favorites. K. Dyson, email@example.com.
Parkville Toastmasters — meets the first and third Thursdays, 7 p.m. at Oak Crest Village (Crestview meeting room), 8820 Walther Blvd., Parkville. Guests welcome. Cheryl Oed, 410-599-6680 or Ravena27@comcast.net.
Join Your Local 4-H — for learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills for ages 5-18. Also, adult volunteer opportunities. 410-771-1761 or http://www.baltimorecounty.umd.edu.
Alumni Association of Franklin High School — meets at 308 Main St., Reisterstown (second floor), third Wednesdays, 7 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-833-1703.
Swing Dance Club — at the American Legion, 125 York Road, Towson hosts Friday night dances. Workshop at 8 p.m. Dancing 9 p.m.-midnight. Lesson and light refreshments included. $12. 410-663-0010 or fridaynightswing.com.
Kiwanis Club of Towson –Timonium — meets at the Crown Plaza Hotel, 2004 Greenspring Drive, first and third Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. for dinner, speakers, and presentations. Visiting Kiwanians, guests and prospective members are invited to attend. Next meeting is March 15, 6:30 p.m. Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2004 Greenspring Drive, Timonium. Andy Haag, 410-377-0704 or http://www.towson-timoniumkiwanis.org.
Newcomers Club of North Baltimore — meets third Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. at various restaurants and clubs. Next meeting is March 21, 11:30 a.m. at Barrett's Grill in Hunt Valley. Jeffrey Strzelczyk, a Senior Vice President with Morgan Stanley will speak on "Managing Your Money." $25 for lunch. baltimorenewcomers.com.
The Suburbanites — sponsoring a trip to the new visitor center at Fort McHenry, April 16, 11 a.m. Arrangements have been made for the Flag Ceremony. $45 includes lunch at Sabatino's in Little Italy, admission to the fort, cost of the bus and all gratuities. RSVP 410-256-4241.
50+ Professionals — a social networking group is hosting a Networking Happy Hour for 50+ Members and interested potential members, Hilton Hotel, BWI Airport, 1739 W. Nursery Road, Linthicum, March 30, 5:30 p.m. Half price drinks, and an appetizer tray provided by 50+ Professionals. RSVP by March 28, 410-321-4511 or http://www.50plusprofessionals.org.
Chesapeake Concert Band — seeking experienced alto and baritone saxophonists who once played with a band and want to continue. Meets Wednesdays, at 7:30 pm., Ridgely Middle School. 410-252-3941.
Towson/Hunt Valley Business & Professional Women — present "Social Media. Part 3", a hands-on interactive workshop to help improve your use of Facebook for business. Co-Sponsored by SBA, Thu., March 29, Crown Plaza Hotel, Timonium. $25. Registration required. Networking and light buffet , 5:30 p.m. Donna Smith, 301-797-8761 or DSmith7119@aol.com.
Baltimore Area Council, Boy Scouts of America — hosting the Baltimore County Business Networking Breakfast for Scouting, Fri., March 23, 7-9 a.m., Masonic Grand Lodge, 304 International Circle, Hunt Valley. Taadhameka Kennedy, 443-573-2534 or email@example.com or http://www.baltimorebsa.org/BaltimoreBusinessBreakfast.
Boy Scouts of America — Lutherville Pack 711and Troop 711 has openings in Lutherville. firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.scoutlander.com.
Health and Support
CHADD Parent Support Group — meets second Tuesdays during school months, at the Point in Hunt Valley, 10950 Gilroy Road, community room, 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. 443-465-3783 or http://www.chadd-mc.org.
Changing Focus — Professionally led nondenominational educational support group for adults experiencing the loss of a spouse or significant other through separation, divorce or death, meets at Calvary Baptist Church, 120 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Towson, Thursdays 7:30-9:15 p.m., new members, 7 p.m. 410-429-4459 or http://www.changingfocus.org.
GBMC's Civiletti Conference Center — 6701 Charles St., Towson presents a free "Time for Me" series, Physician's Pavilion East building, a women's health lecture series for women of all ages to learn more about gender-specific health issues. http://www.gbmc.org/timeforme or 410-583-8393.
• Aging Gracefully:Your Guide to Non-Surgical and Surgical Cosmetic Options, Tue., April 3, 6:30 p.m.
• What You Should Know About Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Tue. April 10, 6:30 p.m.
• Oh My Aging Eyes! Vision Concerns As We Age, Tue., April 17, 6:30 p.m.
• Ways to Cope with Stress and Anxiety, Tue. April 24, 6:30 p.m.
Gilchrist Hospice Care — 11311 McCormick Road, Suite 350, Hunt Valley, sponsors the following. Registration required, GHC_bereavement@gilchristhospice.org or 443-849-8251 to register. Free.
• Young Widowed Persons/Life Partner Grief Support Group meets Mondays through March 26, 1:30-3 p.m.
• Mens Grief Support Group meets Sat., March 17, 10 a.m.-noon., an on-going monthly group for men who have lost their spouse or life partner.
• Adults with Parental Loss Grief Support Group, meets Tuesdays beginning March 20 through April 24, 6:30-8 p.m.
Gilchrist Center — 555 W. Towsontown Blvd., Towson will sponsor the following on-going monthly support groups. Free but registration is required. 443-849-8251 or GHC_bereavement@gilchristhospice.org.
• Mothers Grief Support Group, an on-going monthly support group. The next group meets Wed. March 21, 3-4:30 p.m.
• Parenting After the Loss of a Spouse, a monthly support group meets Wed. March 21, 6:30-8 p.m.
Grief Share Suport Group — meets at Loch Raven Presbyterian Church, 9318 Old Harford Road, Tuesdays through May 29, 7-9 p.m. in the church library. 410-661-5777 to register.
Lupus Support Group — Good Samaritan Hospital, 5601 Loch Raven Blvd., second Saturdays, 10 a.m., http://www.tinyurl.com/lupusgrps, 1-888-349-1167 or email@example.com.
NAMI Support Groups — for family and friends who care about an adult with a mental illness, held at Govans Boundary United Methodist Church, NAMI Headquarters, 5210 York Road, Rear Annex, Thursdays, 7-8:30 p.m. 410-435-2600.
Parkinson's Disease Education and Support Group — meets second Thursdays, 2-4 p.m., Johns Hopkins at Greenspring Station, 2330 Joppa Road, Lutherville, Foxleigh Building, Room 101. Becky Dunlop, 410-955-8795.
POKODD Support Group — Parents of Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder meets at Wegman's, Hunt Valley, second Sundays, 4 p.m. in the upstairs dining room. firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Joseph Medical Center — 7601 Osler Drive, Towson offers the following health and education programs. 410-337-1536.
• Lung Cancer Support. 410-337-4543.
• Breast Cancer SOS (Survivors Offering Support). 410-427-2513.
• Diabetes Information Exchange, first Tuesdays, 1 p.m. 410-337-1382.
• Diabetes Type 1 Toolbox for ages 18 and older, Call for dates and times. 410-337-1382 or email@example.com. .
• Bone Density Screenings, ages 18 and older, appointment required. 410-337-1479.
• Mothering Matters, a free support group for new mothers with babies, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.–noon. Call for location and to register. 410-337-1880.
• Hernia Repair, Mon., March 19, 2 and 6:30 p.m. To register, 410-337-1337 or http://www.StJosephTowson.com/Events.
Stella Maris — 2300 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium offers the following support groups. Registration required. 410-252-4500, ext. 7291.
• Loss of a Child. Call to inquire.
• Sudden Loss. Call to inquire.
Tai Chi Classes — at Babcock Presbyterian Church, 8240 Loch Raven Blvd., Towson, Thursdays, 6:40 p.m., 410-296-4944.
Tai Chi Chuan — community classes at Goucher College, Tuesdays, 7-8 p.m. and Thursdays, noon-1 p.m. 410-456-4982.
The Twelve-Step Recovery Workshop — for persons suffering from any addictive or compulsive problem, held at Ascension Lutheran Church, 7601 York Road, Towson, Thursdays, 7 p.m. 410-880-2439 or http://www.12steps-recovery.org.
Zumba Gold Classes — Mondays, 11:30 a.m. at the Moving Company Dance Center, 9954 York Road, Cockeysville; Tuesdays, 5:10 p.m. at the American Legion, 125 York Road,Towson; Thursdays, 5:45 p.m. and Fridays 10:30 a.m. at Towson United Methodist, 501 Hampton Lane, Towson. Drop-ins $10 per class. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga/Pilates Classes — for adult men only, sponsored by Cockeysville Recreational Council, Padonia International School, CRC activity room, Greenside Drive, Cockeysville, March 19 and 26, 6-7 p.m. Free. Michelle Kelbaugh, 410-683-6943 or email@example.com.
Aerobics — at Cockeysville Rec begins the week of March 19. Padonia Elementary: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:15 p.m.; Warren Elementary, Tuesdays and Thursdays,9:30 a.m. and Pot Spring Elementary, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. $40. http://www.cockeysvillerec.org or 410-667-4630.
Towson Library — 320 York Road, will host the following. 410-887-6166.
• Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m., Baby Boosters, stories, music and rhymes for 23 months and younger, with adult. Registration required.
• Fridays, 10:30 a.m., story time activities and songs, ages 2-5.
• Wed. March 21, 7 p.m. The History Book Group discusses Robert K. Massie's "Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman."
• Thu. March 22, 7 p.m. Towson Book Club discusses "The Submission" by Amy Waldman.
Cockeysville Library — 9833 Greenside Drive, will host the following. 410-887-7750.
• Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:30 and 11 a.m. Preschool story time, activities and songs, ages 2-5.
• Wed., March 14 and 21, 7 p.m. Teen Writers' Club, honing your writing skills by working with professional writers from the Maryland Writers' Association, ages 11-17, registration required.
• Thu., March 15 and Sat., March 17, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Baby boosters story time, ages up to 23 months. Simple stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Thur., March 15, 7 p.m. Pajama Story Time, stories and songs, ages 2-5.
• Sat., March 17, 2 p.m. "Let's Do Crafts," ages 6-12, a wide variety of crafts.
• Thu., March 22, "9:30 and 10:30 a.m., Baby Boosters Story Time, ages up to 23 months, simple stories, music, movement and rhymes.
• Tue., March 20, 6 p.m. "Master Gardeners: Composting," Baltimore County Master Gardeners demonstrate how to make a worm composting bin.
• Wed. March 21, 11:30 a.m. Books, coffee and conversation.
• Sat. March 24, 2 p.m. Introduction to vegetable gardening.
Loch Raven Branch — 1046 Taylor Avenue, 410-887-4444 offers Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, stories, activities and songs, Wed., March 21. 10:30 a.m.
Bykota Senior Center — 611 Central Ave., Towson. 410-887-3094.
• Bingo, Wednesdays in the cafe, 12:30-1:45 p.m. Games cost from 5 to 25 cents.
• Monthly bridge tournament, second Thursdays, noon-4 p.m. $5.
• Tax season appointments, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through April 12 with AARP counselors.
• Paper Mache Take With Project, Fri., March 16, 10 a.m.
• Music of Jane Hersey, Fri., March 16, 1 p.m.
• Blood Pressure, Mon., March 19, 10 a.m.
• PC Trouble Shooting, Tue., March 20, 10 a.m.
• Important Papers, Wed., March 21, 10 a.m.
• Experience the Seasons of Transitions, Wed., March 21, Dinner 5 p.m. Pasta bar night 5:30-8 p.m.
• Drums Alive, Mon., March 26. Free demo in the gym, 10:15 -11 a.m. RSVP requested..
• Travel: New York City, Tue., March 20. $75.
• Longwood Gardens Kennett Square, Pa., Wed., April 18. $45.
Cockeysville Senior Center — 10535 York Road. 410 887-7694.
• Travel to Charleston and Savannah, Sun., April 15 for 5 nights. $595.
•. Flea Market, Sat. April 28, 8 a.m.-1 p.m..
Better Balance and Fall Prevention Class — at the Weinberg Senior Center, 5828 York Road Thursdays, 10 a.m. $25 for 4 weeks. 410-323-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tai Chi for Seniors — at the Senior Network of North Baltimore, 5828 York Road, Mondays, 12:45 p.m. 410-323-7131 to register.
Senior Craft Gallery — 1801 Glen Keith Blvd., Towson, holds a consignment gift shop in Room 106, a program of Baltimore County Department of Aging, weekdays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Consignees and volunteers are needed. 410-661-2128.
CASA of Baltimore County — needs volunteer court-appointed special advocates and mentors. Must be 21 years old. 410-828-0515 or http://www.casabaltco.org.
Foster Parents Needed — Caring families and individuals needed to give guidance and stable homes to children and teens. Therapeutic foster parents receive training, financial reimbursement, 24-hour support, as well as personal satisfaction. KidsPeace, 410-964-9329 or http://www.fostercare.com.
Hearing Aid Study — sponsored by the Center for Amplification, Rehabilitation and Listening at Towson University is seeking volunteers (first-time users only). Dr. Brian Kreisman. CARLstudy@gmail.com.
Emeritus at Towson — 6451 N. Charles St., needs volunteers to help and assist residents in their activity program. Daytime, evenings and weekends available. Sally McCardell, 410-377-2100.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland — is in need of volunteers to deliver meals to homebound residents in the Parkville, Towson, Timonium and Cockeysville areas. Volunteer as little or as much time as your schedule permits. Liz Galea, 443-573-0940 or http://www.mealsonwheelsmd.org.
National Institute on Aging — needs volunteers for a clinical research study conducted at the NIA Clinical unit at Harbor Hospital. 410-350-3941.Copyright © 2015, CT Now