This recipe was developed by Michele V. of Libertyville, Ill., and was selected as a runner-up in the 2012 Martha White Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge.
Luscious Lemon and White Chocolate Tart
Yield: 10 servings
Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (7.6 oz) package Martha White Lemon Poppyseed Flavored Muffin Mix
1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
6 ounces good quality white chocolate
1/2 cup Dickinson's Lemon Curd
2 ounces good quality white chocolate
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together muffin mix and almonds. Stir in butter until blended. Press evenly in bottom and about 1/4 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
2. Pour heavy cream into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over cream. Allow to stand until softened about 5 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture at low speed scraping down sides of bowl just until blended, about 1 minute. Pour into medium saucepan.
4. Add 6 ounces white chocolate. Cook on medium-low, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour filling evenly over prepared crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Microwave lemon curd on high in small, microwave-safe bowl just until softened, about 25 to 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly over chilled filling.
6. Make decorative curls with 2 ounces white chocolate using a vegetable peeler. Sprinkle over tart. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
SOURCE: MARTHA WHITE KITCHENS