The more the merrier in the Orlando Sentinel test kitchen! That’s why we have teamed with the fabulous folks over at Orlando’s WOMX Mix 105.1 to offer the morning show’s Recipe of the Week. Today's recipe is Spicy Teriyaki-Marinated Flank Steak With Grilled Peaches. Massaging this sweet and spicy teriyaki marinade into flank steak for just five minutes is all you need to get maximum flavor. Grill summer peaches along with the meat and serve as a sweet, juicy accompaniment. Every Wednesday, you can find more recipes picked exclusively for Scott McKenzie & the Morning Mix here and at mix1051.com.
Spicy Teriyaki-Marinated Flank Steak With Grilled Peaches
Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
3 ripe peaches, quartered
2-3 tablespoons dark rum
1. Mix marinade, ketchup, sesame seeds and red pepper in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade for brushing.
2. Place steak in large sealable plastic bag. Add remaining marinade mixture; turn to coat well. Massage steak and marinade for 5 minutes. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
3. Grill steak over medium-high heat 7-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with reserved marinade mixture. Discard any remaining marinade.
4. Toss peaches with rum. Grill peach slices 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
5. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with grilled peaches.
SOURCE: ADAPTED FROM MCCORMICK & CO.Copyright © 2015, CT Now