It's the museum's monthly 1st Thursday social event, and it should be a stylish time — the theme is steampunk, that science-fiction-like mix of futuristic elements with the look of the Victorian era.
"Boiler Plate Ball: Steampunk Steps Out" is the name of the event, which will also feature music, food, artist demonstrations, a Florida Tribal Dance performance and spoken word by Logan Anderson.
Representatives from this weekend's big visual event, Snap! Orlando, will also be on hand to talk about the photography show.
The event runs 6-9 p.m. Thursday, May 2. The Fringe performances begin at 6:30 p.m. They include:
• "Arts or Crafts" by Rob Roznowski, performed by Zip it Lock it Put it in Your Pocket Productions
• Yow Dance's "Once Upon a Wonderland"
• "Detour, Not Your Mother's Musical," performed by Better Half Entertainment
• "Jett Backpack and the Battle at the End of the Universe," an original work by YES/AND Theatre Company
• "See Rock City & Other Destinations" by the Bay Street Players
The Orlando Museum of Art is at 2416 N. Mills Ave., Orlando.
Admission to 1st Thursdays is $10, free for museum members, and includes admission to the OMA's featured exhibition "Contemporary Glass Sculpture: Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Studio Glass." Parking is free at Orlando Loch Haven Park; overflow parking is available at the Orlando Science Center parking garage.
For more information, call 407-896-4231, Ext. 260, or go to http://www.OMArt.org