Finding a strong female lead to play a kick-posterior comic book heroine, or villain, is no easy task, so how does the announcement that former Miss Israel and Fast and Furious actress Gal Gadot sit with the fanboys?
Well this fanboy isn't sure yet, and while she isn't the most tortuous of women like Lynda Carter, who holds a special place in my formative years, or even Adrianne Palicki of "Friday Night Lights" who was in a pilot for a Wonder Woman TV show reboot that didn't get picked up, she does seem to have the chops to be the most famous of female comic book heroes.
But not having seen her in the role as yet, I can only guess where she'd rank in my ...drum roll please...top 10 female comic book heroes and villains list.
So here it goes, and yes I'm sorry...apparently i like cats.
10. Halle Berry as Storm in the X-Men films
9. Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II in "Watchmen"
8. Julie Newmar as Catwoman in "Batman" the TV show
7. Kelly Hu as Lady Deathstrike in "X2"
6. Eartha Kitt as Catwoman in "Batman" the TV show
5. Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman in the TV show
4. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises"
3. Anna Paquin as Rogue in the X-Men films
2. Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow in "Iron Man 2" and "The Avengers"
1. Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in "Batman Returns"
I admit there's a theme of form-fitting black outfits, but I think that's just a coincidence. I mean, how many female superheroes and villains don't wear form-fitting black outfits?
Well Wonder Woman for one, but who knows what direction the "Man of Steel" sequel will take.
We will have to wait and see.
Copyright © 2015, CT Now