Five things for today in Orlando and Central Florida.
1. Let's start with weather. The National Hurricane Center reports that the tropical wave in the eastern Atlantic organized some last night and could grow into a tropical depression or storm today or Wednesday. It's early but there could be thunderstorms this weekend.
2. Being a sports fan means there are some players and coaches that you really dislike. For most people expressing this displeasure on Twitter is fine, but if you work for ESPN and include a reference to physical harm in your online post, you're going to get called out for it.
An ESPN employee posted this about FSU coach Jimbo Fisher: “The moment you walk by Jimbo Fisher at work and do everything in your power not to punch him." She's in trouble now. Brendan Sonnone has the details.
3. The city of Orlando says that they paid a fair-market price for a recently-purchased property. Orlando city commissioners agreed Monday to buy back a piece of property the city once owned in Parramore for $2 million. That's more than twice the amount the city sold it for.
4. The top story on the OS website Monday was "Appeal court upholds 'docs vs. glocks' gun law." In a 2-1 ruling last week, a three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the Florida Legislature had the right to pass the law, which includes provisions restricting doctors and other medical providers from asking questions about gun ownership during medical visits.
5. In entertainment news, actor Freddie Prinze Jr. bashes actor Kiefer Sutherland. Prinze says very candidly that working with the star on "24" was a terrible experience, "Kiefer was the most unprofessional dude in the world."
5a. Sarah Palin is going rouge on the internet. She launched her subscription-based "The Sarah Palin Channel" available online for $9.44 per month or $99.95 a year. Maybe this subscription model can work for newspapers?
5b. And last night was the season finale of "The Bachelorette." Someone picked someone. And someone got heartbroken.Copyright © 2015, CT Now