Five things for today in Orlando and Central Florida: a judge issued a temporary injunction against a Planned Parenthood clinic; unrest in Ferguson, Mo. continues; and Internet-privacy device iCloak gets more support.
1. A judge has issued a temporary injunction barring abortions and some other procedures such as ultrasounds from being performed at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Kissimmee. The suit, filed on behalf of the owners of a neighboring cardiovascular-medicine practice, alleges that Planned Parenthood violates deed restrictions on what services can be offered at the property.
2. Another night of unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, as police fired tear gas, stun grenades and smoke bombs to disperse some 350 protesters late Wednesday. It was the fourth night of racially charged demonstrations after police shot to death an unarmed black teen.
3. The creator of the iCloak Stik is moving ahead with plans to market the Internet-privacy device. After raising over $100K on Kickstarter, entrepreneur Eric Delisle is fielding calls from investors with much deeper pockets, he said last week.
4. The father of the sprint-car racer struck and killed by Tony Stewart's car over the weekend told the Syracuse (N.Y.) Post-Standard that "there's no reason" for the fatal incident.
4a. Orlando Sentinel columnist George Diaz wishes Tim Tebow a happy birthday.
4b. The Orlando Magic will open their 2014-15 regular season against the Pelicans in New Orleans. See the full Magic schedule.
5. And "Satisfries" are going away. Turns out consumers weren't so interested in more-healthful crinkle-cut French fries from Burger King. The low-fat, reduced-calorie fries debuted less than a year ago in an effort to attract more-healthful eaters.
Also a few stories coming up today:
• There is a follow on last week's double murder in a rural east Orange horse community.
• Winter Park is set to make a stadium announcement today.
• "Kicks 4 Guns" gun buy-back program is happening Thursday morning.
• 2 people were shot in Sanford last night.
• MegaMillions jackpot is up to $144M.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars play at the Chicago Bears tonight.
Copyright © 2015, CT Now
Top 50 Florida destinations for 2014 http://t.co/AK96FP02b8— Orlando Sentinel (@orlandosentinel) August 14, 2014