GEICO believes it pays to shop.
GEICO is the third-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States due in part to GEICO’s service and rates. Customers find the coverage they need at affordable prices and they can rely on GEICO's strong reputation for service.
The agents at the Local GEICO Office can assist you in determining the coverage you really need, compare coverage plans, rates, etc.
There are also a number of factors that drivers can control to help reduce the premium they pay for auto insurance.
- Be a safe driver. This is a critical factor that influences your insurance cost. Safe drivers have fewer accidents and traffic violations, and therefore could cost less to insure.
- Shop around. By comparing price, quality of service and the reputation of several insurance companies, you'll find the best policy at the best price. Be sure to compare similar types of coverage and the limits imposed by each company.
- Ask about discounts. Some insurance companies offer discounts to members of organizations and associations. Discounts may also apply if you meet certain requirements, such as insuring more than one car on the same policy, having an air bag in your car, or completing a defensive driving course.
- Increase deductibles. When you increase your deductibles -- the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a loss -- for collision and comprehensive coverages, you could reduce your premium.
- Consider dropping collision coverage on an older car. If your car is an older model, you may be paying more in annual collision premiums than the car is actually worth.
- Reduce annual mileage. By joining a car pool or using public transportation, you can reduce your annual mileage and you could possibly reduce your insurance premium.
- Check on insurance before buying a new car. Some cars cost more to insure than others because they are more expensive to repair if damaged or replace if stolen. Premiums can vary widely, even among similar cars in the same price range.
Call your Local GEICO Office at 860-667-0877 just south of Hartford at 2315 Berlin Turnpike in Newington to see if you could save.