WEHT-TV reported the remains were found in the woods near Newton, Ill. on March 10. The town is located approximately 2 ½ hours away from Bloomington.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Police: Several 'credible tips' received weekly in Lauren Spierer case
- Police: No connection between Louisiana case and Lauren Spierer
- Investigators working to determine identity of skull found in White River
- The Search for Lauren Spierer
- Parents of missing IU student vow to never give up
- IU student has been missing for two weeks
- New surveillance photos of missing IU student released
See more videos »
- Indiana University
“We, like many other agencies, are waiting for results from their investigation to determine if it might be related to our case,” said Captain Joe Qualters.
Bloomington police have been investigating the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. The student was last seen in the early morning hours of June 3, 2011 after a night out with friends.
The Illinois State Crime Lab is investigating the remains, and results could be released this month.