The Jasper County Coroner’s Office confirmed to Fox59 Wednesday the remains were identified as a male.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Police: Several 'credible tips' received weekly in Lauren Spierer case
- Police: No connection between Louisiana case and Lauren Spierer
- Investigators working to determine identity of skull found in White River
- The Search for Lauren Spierer
- Parents of missing IU student vow to never give up
- IU student has been missing for two weeks
- New surveillance photos of missing IU student released
See more videos »
- Indiana University
Bloomington police inquired about the remains Monday, stating it is procedure and what many other agencies do.
The Bloomington Police Department continues to investigate the disappearance of Spierer, who was last seen in the early morning hours of June 3, 2011 after a night out with friends.
Tuesday marked the 10 month anniversary of the student’s disappearance. Her family released the following statement on their Facebook page:
“Always in our hearts. Always in our thoughts. NEVER giving up. We love you, Lauren. Mom, Dad and Rebecca.”