The Indiana University student disappeared June 3. Two months later, the investigation moved to the Vigo Co. landfill.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Police: Several 'credible tips' received weekly in Lauren Spierer case
- Police: No connection between Louisiana case and Lauren Spierer
- Investigators working to determine identity of skull found in White River
- The Search for Lauren Spierer
- Parents of missing IU student vow to never give up
- IU student has been missing for two weeks
- New surveillance photos of missing IU student released
See more videos »
- Colleges and Universities
Charlene and Robert Spierer were in Vigo Co. as the search got underway last week. Charlene said she still has hope of finding her daughter alive.
Lauren was last seen walking a few blocks from her Bloomington apartment at 4:30 a.m. on June 3. The Spierers expressed frustration that few of the people with Lauren that night have come forward with information.
“I just can’t imagine who would let her walk away down the street and let her turn the corner and disappear,” said Charlene Spierer.
On August 28, the Spierer family will go back to Bloomington for another volunteer day. They plan to canvas Indiana University’s campus with new posters of the missing 20-year-old.