As marathon runners take over some roads Saturday morning, city busses will be taking detours and some services will be delayed. The annual Monumental Hald and Full Marathon races will cause more significant service interruptions on the city’s near north side and midtown areas, Street closures begin as early as 7:30 a.m. and are expected to last through 3 p.m. in some areas.
Those closures will interrupt bus service at the locations below:
• Ohio Street affecting all downtown routes. For trips originating or terminating downtown, use Indiana Avenue at Capitol Avenue.
• Route 2 south of 21st Street. Use Capitol Avenue or Illinois Street south of 21st Street or regular stops north of 21st Street.
• Route 3 between East and West Streets. Use regular stops east of East Street, west of West Street.
• Routes 4, 25 and 28 south of Michigan Street.
• Route 5 between Indiana Avenue at Michigan and 16th Street at College Avenue. Use regular stops east of 16th Street at College Avenue or west of Indiana Avenue at Michigan.
• Route 8 westbound between Southeastern Avenue and West Street. Eastbound service will be interrupted between White River Parkway and Southeastern Avenue.
• Route 10 from College Avenue to Indiana Avenue at Michigan Street.
• Routes 12, 13 and 14 north of South Street.
• Route 15 and 34 south of Michigan Street.
• Routes 16 and 31 between downtown and Raymond Street. Use East Street between Washington and Raymond Streets.
• Route 17 south of 21st Street. Use Capitol Avenue or Illinois Street south of 21st Street or regular stops north of 21st Street.
• Route 18 south of 71st Street. Use Illinois Street between Kessler and 38th Street or regular stops north of 71st Street.
• Route 19 south of 40th Street. Use Illinois Street between 40th Street and 38th Street or regular stops north of 40th Street.
• Route 21 west of 10th Street at Dorman Street. Use Michigan Street or New York Street.
• Route 24 north of Oliver and Division Streets. Use New York Street on IUPUI campus.
• Route 37 east of West Street.
• Routes 38 and 39 on Meridian Street. Use Illinois Street or Capitol Avenue between 38th and Michigan Streets.
• Route 50 east of Capitol Avenue.