Just a week after two deadly shootings on Lancaster city streets, community members join together to stop violence.

Hundreds of people, old and young, police officers and community leaders packed the Roberto Clemente Field on South Duke Street Wednesday night. Even though the recent deaths of Anthony Swaydis and Hector Fuentes were fresh in people's minds, the anti-violence rally was scheduled before last week's shootings on East Orange and North Plum Streets.

"It's not just the recent shootings in the city, it's the overall tone of society today. It's good that people come out and make a statement, make a statement in favor of peace and in favor of their neighborhood and the fact that neighbors own the neighborhoods, criminals don't," said Lancaster Mayor Rick Gray.

"What's going to happen is either you take control of the community or the community is going to take control of you," said Freda Hall-Stewart.

Hall-Stewart has been trying to make the streets of Lancaster a safer place since she lost her son Tyquan Hall to a shooting in 2007.

City detectives told FOX43 they want people who live in Lancaster to know they are still investigating last week's two shootings around the clock. They are working to gather information and want to hear from anybody who thinks they might have saw or heard anything that could help them find who else is responsible.