Worker Electrocuted on Queens Roof
A man working on a roof in Queens was electrocuted when the ladder he was using came into contact with power lines, PIX News has learned.

According to police, the incident occurred around 9 a.m. as 27-year-old William Barrett was leaning against a two-story home on 117 Street in College Point. Witnesses told fire officials Barrett had been replacing shingles on the roof when he suddenly fell two stories from the ladder.

Officials said Barrett suffered cardiac arrest after being electrocuted. He was rushed to New York Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police and officials from the buildings department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are on the scene investigating.