Long Island Girl Nearly Chokes To Death On Chip
A Long Island girl is recovering a day after she nearly choked to death on a tortilla chip, police said.

According to authorities, the 10-year-old girl identified as Alana Kiceina, reportedly was with her mother when she started choking Wednesday afternoon while chowing down on the chips near her home is Mastic.

Responding paramedics were able to revive the girl after performing CPR.

Alana was transported to Stony Brook University Children's Hospital where she was listed in stable condition Thursday. She is expected to be hospitalized for about a week.