LONG ISLAND, N.Y. (PIX11)—Suffolk County Police arrested and charged a Bellport mother and grandmother Sunday with driving drunk with three children in the car.
They say Zona Taylor, 43, of 752 Michigan Ave. was heading west on Montauk Highway in a 2005 Dodge Neon, when she got into an accident at the corner of North Prospect Avenue in Patchogue, barreling into a 2003 Ford heading in the same direction.
- LI Mom Charged With Felony DWI Under Leandra's Law
- DUI Mom Who Inspired Leandra's Law To Plead Guilty
- Woman Charged with Drunk Driving Twice In 3 Hours
- Jose A. Escobar, 31, of Uniondale, was arrested by authorities after he was allegedly driving drunk with a 2-year-old in his car.
- Dawn Mills, 40, was charged with drunk driving after she crashed her car into a parked vehicle while her 3-year-old daughter was in the car.
- Man Busted For Driving Maserati Drunk
See more photos »
- Dad Gets Drunk At Super Bowl Party, Kills Pedestrian While Driving Home With 9-Year-Old Son
- Officials: Pace University Student Was Driving Drunk When Shot
- Man Charged with Drunk Driving in Fatal Hit-and-Run
See more videos »
- Motorvehicle Accidents
- Transportation Accidents
See more topics »
The kids suffered minor injuries and were treated and released from Brookhaven Memorial Hospital in East Patchogue; they're with relatives. Cops say the adult passenger in Taylor's vehicle and the driver of the Ford were also hurt in the crash and were also taken to Brookhaven Memorial. Their injuries were minor.
Taylor didn't have a scratch on her.
Meanwhile, police slapped her with several charges: Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a Child Passenger 15 Years-Old Or Younger (Leandra`s Law), Leaving the Scene Of An Accident With Injury and three counts of Endangering The Welfare Of A Child. Taylor may've bought herself up to four years in prison, if found guilty under Leandra's Law, which makes it an automatic felony on the first offense.
Taylor was scheduled to be arraingned some time Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.