QUEENS, N.Y. (PIX11)—Carbon monoxide poisoning is the likely cause behind the death of a father and son Saturday in their Queens home, according to fire officials.
Police have identified the victims as Kuo-Kung Chen, 66, and Aaron Chen, 29, both of 84-9 101th Ave., Ozone Park.
PIX11 has learned Chen and his son were expected at his daughter's house, and when they didn't show up, she became worried. She went to the house, and that's when she found her father and brother dead.
Another person was taken to a nearby hospital and is reportedly in serious condition.
Detectives found no sign of criminality; the New York City Police Department is waiting for the Medical Examiner's Office to finish the autopsies, before making the official cause of death public.
Meanwhile, fire investigators are trying to pinpoint the source of the carbon monoxide leak.
Carbon monoxide (CO) -- also called carbonous oxide -- is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas, slightly lighter than air. It can be toxic to humans and animals when encountered in higher concentrations.
Additional Reporting By Francesca Maxime