The 17-year-old daughter of the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand fell out of a window and to her death Friday morning, according to the NYPD, just yards away from the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan.

Cops arrived to the 25-story Herald Towers, located at 50 West 34th Street, at about 4:15 a.m. in response to a report of an unconscious female.

They discovered Nicole John on a third-floor ledge of the luxury residential building with severe trauma to her body. EMS pronounced the teenager dead at the scene.

John's father is Eric G. John, who was appointed as the US Ambassador to Thailand in 2007. He previously served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Southeast Asia from 2005 to 2007, according to the Embassy's website.

Investigators say the girl was attending a party on the 25th floor with her friends, and may have been drinking. Sources tell PIX 11 News that group was dressed in party clothes, appeared intoxicated and had just left a club.

Police have since arrested 25-year-old Ilan Nassimi and charged him with unlawfully dealing with a child for distributing alcohol to someone under the age of 21. Nassimi, a resident of the Herald Towers, was reportedly the host of the party John had attended.

The group John was partying with was seen entering the Midtown building, which is on the same city block as the Empire State Building, early Friday morning.

Though the investigation is ongoing, witnesses say they believed John was leaning out of the high-rise's window for fresh air when she fell over the edge and plunged to her death. Police reportedly discovered a fake Brazilian ID on John, suggesting she was 24-years-old.

John attended high school in Bangkok, according to the Embassy's website.

She was slated to start classes at Parsons School of Design in Manhattan. Sarah Stern, a spokesperson for the New School released a statement to PIX 11 News Friday, expressing sadness on the untimely death.

"The New School community is deeply saddened to learn from the New York Police Department of the untimely and tragic death of one of our students, an entering freshman at Parsons, at an off-campus location early this morning."

"Losing a member of the community is extremely difficult for students, faculty and staff just as we begin a new semester. The university's crisis management team is learning more about this tragedy and working closely to provide comfort and support to those affected."

John is survived by her father, mother Sophia and brother Adam.