Nov. 30, 1998: John W. Cahoon, 63, of North Stonington, dies from head injuries caused in a dispute with fellow Electric Boat employee Richard Dorans. Cahoon and Dorans had argued over whether Dorans should remain employed while other workers with more seniority were laid off. Dorans was later convicted of second degree manslaughter.
- Police Report: Hartford Distributors Shooting Investigation [PDF]
- Surveillance Video Footage Of Omar Thornton Taking Beer
- Pictures: The View From Inside Hartford Distributors
- Pictures: Funeral, Memorial Services For Connecticut Shooting Victims
- Pictures: Workplace Shooting In Manchester
See more photos »
- Police Storm Hartford Distributors Inc.
- LISTEN: Omar Thornton's 911 Call From Hartford Distributors
- Fox CT Video: Funerals For Shooting Victims
See more videos »
See more topics »
Aug. 3, 1993: Cleophus Whitaker, 49, a laboratory attendant at the American Cyanamid chemical research center in Stamford shoots and kills laboratory supervisor William Luther, 48, before killing himself.
May 4, 1992: Dennis Hodge, 31, fatally shoots Lawrence Biller, 37, and Bruce Horowitz, 46, insurance adjusters at Biller Associates over a disputed claim. Hodge is later convicted of one count of murder and one count of manslaughter.