Essense Magazine features a great resource for savvy shoppernistas! In DEALING YOU IN, you'll learn how to snag luxurious goodies at a super-duper discount--from spa treats to lavish hotel stays and more. Essense's senior finance and careers editors Tanisha A. Sykes
Are you a 'savvy shoppernista'? Then Essense's June issue has you covered! In the piece best time to buy. You'll learn how to snag luxurious goodies at a super-duper discount:
- What to buy: Furniture, china
- Why: Home furniture retailers launch their new lines in August--which equals big sales on clearance for you. You can also stock up on last season's china and flatware patterns
- What to buy: Cruises, mattresses, vacuums, gym memberships
- Why: Get a great price on fall voyage cruise; find clearance mattresses in May and vacuums in June. Plus, gym memberships are cheaper
- What to buy: Paint, shrubs/trees and cars
- Why: Who wants to paint in the heat--which means deals for you. Nurseries are clearing their inventories. And September is when new cars/body styles are introduced--so you can negotiate a deal on last year's model
- What to buy: Toys, kitchen accessories, homes, champagne
- Why: Retailers start slashing prices for holiday in October. December (especially during Christmas week) is a great time to house-hunt because sellers are motivated. Plus, buy bubbly at the end of the year.
For more tips, visit www.essence.com or pick up the latest issue of Essense Magazine.