CHICAGO—TD Jakes, the founder and Chief Pastor of "The Potter's House," a non-denominational mega church with 30,000 members in Dallas, Texas, joined WGN Morning News Tuesday. Jakes is the author of dozens of best-selling books and his latest one is called "Let It Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven."
"When you use unforgivness on somebody you are upset with, it is like you drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die," Jakes said on the Morning show.
- You Will Be Disappointed - "It's a part of life. People don't always know how to process their feelings and emotions and they carry things too long."
- Forgiveness Is Not Vulnerability - "It is a gift you give yourself; cut yourself loose of the event or person."
- Anger Can Be Good - "The issue is staying angry and never getting over things. You have to stop energizing the past."
- Talk About Things That Aren't Polite - "Have an honest and frank discussion even if it's not polite. You need to confront it in order to get over it."
- Write Off The Past - "You have to let it go so that you can be free."