3:03 PM EST, November 22, 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut in the FOXCT WTIC-TV viewing area, age 16 or older as of November 28, 2013. To participate in the “Manchester Road Race Costume Contest”, people must go to the 77th Annual Manchester Road Race on Thursday, November 28, 2013 from 10 a.m. (EST) until 12 p.m. (EST) and look for the official FOXCT booth (the “Entry Period”). The Manchester Road Race event is a free event. Participants must dress up in a costume in order to enter the contest. A Representative of FOXCT or the Hartford Courant will than a take a photograph of each “Qualified Participant” once he/she has signed the official release form. All pictures will be posted for contest voting. For more information about the road race (including the route map), go to http://www.ctnow.mrr. By entering this Contest and submitting required entry materials, entrants agree that the Sponsor may collect, use and publish all information and materials in the entry submission. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD/ENTRANT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 5 p.m. (EST), Sponsor will post all the photos for each of the “Qualified Participants” on http://www.ctnow.com/news/manchester-road-race/. Sponsor will invite viewers and website users to visit the Contest Website and vote for their favorite costume beginning at 5 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 5 p.m. (EST) and ending at 4:59 p.m. (EST) on December 2, 2013 (the “Voting Period”). Voters must provide name and a valid email address in order to vote. Only ten (10) votes per email address. Proxy voting is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to creating multiple or dummy emails. No one may purchase votes. The use of automated or third party software or web site to vote is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any votes cast in violation of the above restrictions. Votes that contain copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, technical or electronic reproductions, or containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. ALL VOTES MUST BE VALID AND SPONSOR’S RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEND OUT A TEST E-MAIL TO VERIFY VOTES. IF SPONSOR RECEIVEA A BOUNCEBACK MESSAGE THAT SAYS E-MAIL ADDRESS NOT FOUND, THAT VOTE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
The Entrant who receives the most votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Entrants agree to abide by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final in all respects.
3. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $300. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, by Friday, December 20, 2013. If the winner fails to show proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number, and age (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card) and fill out and sign the necessary forms (FOXCT Contest release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Contest made by Sponsor are final and binding.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older and on behalf of the child or ward agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Entrants in the Contest and Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, prize providers, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsor and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding entry in this Contest, the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Contest is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Contest is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Contest and selection of the prize winners are final. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor reserves the right not to display the code words onscreen due to the coverage of breaking news or other unforeseen circumstances. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in this Contest, you also agree to have your name and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these contest or future similar contest without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of Tribune Broadcasting Hartford LLC, Sponsor, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV and Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. FOR WINNERS’ NAME: Write to, "Manchester Road Race Costume Contest Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, January 31, 2014.
8. SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Hartford LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.