Stay tuned for updates throughout the game from Lindsey Thiry and Gary Klein.
- Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount scores on a 43-yard run (Patriots 7, Rams 0)
- Patriots WR Chris Hogan catches a 14-yard pass for a touchdown (Patriots 14, Rams 0)
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski makes a 28-yard field goal (Patriots 17, Rams 0)
- Rams K Greg Zuerlein makes a 44-yard field goal (Patriots 17, Rams 3)
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski makes a 48-yard field goal (Patriots 20, Rams 3)
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski makes a 45-yard field goal (Patriots 23, Rams 3)
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski makes a 45-yard field goal (Patriots 26, Rams 3)
- Rams WR Kenny Britt catches a one-yard throw for a touchdown (Patriots 26, Rams 10)
Rams pass offense vs. Patriots defense: Rookie Jared Goff made big strides in his second NFL start, completing 17 of 31 passes for 134 yards and three touchdowns last week at New Orleans. He also demonstrated poise after losing a fumble and having a pass intercepted. Kenny Britt has a team-best 54 catches. Receiver Tavon Austin has not practiced because of a chest injury and is listed as doubtful. The Patriots are giving up 253.6 yards per game passing, which ranks 18th in the NFL. Lineman Trey Flowers has four sacks, and three players have intercepted passes.
Rams run offense vs. Patriots run defense: Running back Todd Gurley continues to search for a breakout opportunity. Gurley has been dealing with a thigh injury, so a cold-weather game would not seem to be the antidote. The Rams’ offensive line also continues to be an issue for a team that ranks 29th in rushing. Last week, Rodger Saffold moved from left guard to left tackle to replace Greg Robinson, and then Saffold injured his hand. The Patriots rank 13th in the NFL against the run, giving up 99.5 yards rushing per game. Devin McCourty and Logan Ryan are the leading tacklers for a unit that ranks 14th in total defense.